Choosing paints is difficult for creative people. The most popular paints for bathroom are white and blue. Using white is the easiest way so it will be easier to decide the tiles and adding furniture. However, modern people do not take bathroom as private space anymore. Bathroom is used recently to show pride of the home owners, where it is designed to impress guests.
As first step before designing bathroom, try to paint sample colors for to colors that match to chosen tiles, flooring, fixtures and furniture. It is important to prepare several paint sample colors, but don’t choose more than five colors. Here are some tips before buying paint sample colors.
- Check out ideas from magazine to see the color trends and ideas.
- Take a picture of the bathroom
- Check the size of the bathroom. Dark colors can be chosen for large bathroom, but small bathroom is better painted in light colors.
- Check the natural lighting to bathroom.
With all the preparation before buying paint sample colors, next step is to go on paint shop to see available colors. Pick at maximum five colors to bring home. Try to paint small section to see how it appears. Try also paint next to the existing tile and flooring or chosen tile and flooring. Try to paint small section also next to the furniture and fixtures. Next, eliminated three colors and leave two other colors for final consideration. Paint colors affect the whole atmosphere of a room. Check on the design again and see if personal desires are important. Colors and its visual and physiological effect may be considered.
- Dark Colors. Dark blue, maroon, dark purple are some of popular colors for bathroom. Blue is favorite color for bathroom because it is the color of water and the sky. It gives sense of coolness and at the same time openness.
- Dark purple and maroon give sense of luxury and wealth. They match with classy or classic bathroom furniture and fixtures such as bathtub and toilets.
- Light Colors. Light colors are best for simple design bathroom and small room. People like light colors because it give sense of cleanness to a bathroom. Try use yellowish paint color samples, soft pink, soft blue or soft green to have sweet and friendly bathroom.
- Nature Colors. Colors like green and brown match for nature or ecological theme for bathroom. The trend of ‘earthy look’ gives wide range of colors. Try to paint sample colors in dark brown next to a white bathtub or paint green such as olive green next to wooden sink table to maximize the ‘nature’ atmosphere for bathroom.
Paint sample colors are very helpful. With this stuff you will not fail to choose color for rooms in your home. You can also see in wider perspective regarding other colors that initially not in your choice of color, but then you consider it as colors that perfect for specific room in your home for both exterior and interior.